Thursday, July 8, 2010

Someone please explain guys..

People think it is holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go.- Unknown

Not to start blogging on a depressing note, but I honestly believe that some people are magnets for bad luck and heartbreak. One would think that after multiple reltionships, you would eventually learn to not be caught in guy’s games. You would also think there would be something blatantly horrible about you that drives men away, but generally there isnt. I would say my biggest flaw personally is overanalyzing, but I have learned that my instinct tends to be right. Some girls put themselves through so much, most people would probably scream at you for dealing with it all, not saying women are perfect but... I know how it is when youre so hopeful this guy will be the one.  There are so many signs that people overlook, so many chances you give to them in the relationships, while all your  friends wonder why you would put yourself through that to begin with.
I’m sitting here at work in a daze reflecting on stories and relationship experiences from friends and I decided to write this blog to see if other women can relate. Personally, when I go through a breakup, it goes back and forth between I hate him, I love him, he hurt me, what really happened, why did it all happen that way, why was I so stupid? I feel like most girls go into relationships thinking this guy will treat me like a princess to find themselves dissappointed. Maybe its the pedestal attitude that gets us in trouble? Not saying women should put themselves above their boyfriends/husbands, but I feel like, I, like most women have everything a guy would want. I feel as though most of my friends do as well, but somehow they find the one year marks in their relationships hard to reach.
My perspective on me:  I have a good job in my career field, I graduated from William and Mary, I like to have fun and laugh my ass off watching funny movies, I’m not arrogant, but I am a confident good-looking girl, I’m social and like to go out and have fun with my girl friends, but not to the extent of being wild and crazy, and I absolutely love cuddling. I am the type of girl you take home to mom, I love being close to my boyfriends families. Most people assume because I’m a bartender that means I’m some sort of untamed girl, when I’m not at all. I’m actually a really good girl compared to a lot of girls in Richmond. I’ve had my party days and learned the hard way, but I learned. I’ve always hated dating and I love to have a boyfriend to share experiences with as corny as that sounds. So why do relationships go wrong for girls similar to me? Were you completely wrong for each other?  Does age make a difference?
A list of the things that I never understood about some guys...
Why don't some guys want to take you home to their parents?
Are some guys ACTUALLY good guys like they act when they are around you?
Do guys see what they had once you're gone?  Should it even matter then?
When guys try to blame you for ruining the relationship, was it really you? Were you that bad?

I’m sure I’m not the only girl out there thats had a complicated past, but I’m the type of girl that is generally willing to take chances and give guys the benefit of the doubt. That may be a fault of mine, but what girl doesnt want to believe the guy they are in love with?  I believe the quote below sums it up…

Frustrated because I can't tell if it's real. Mad because I don't know how you feel. Upset because we can't make it right. Sad because I need you day and night. Angry because you won't take my hand. Aggravated because you don't understand. Disappointed because we can't be together, but still I'll love you.-Unknown

http://socyberty.com/relationships/guys-having-fear-of-relationship/

WHAT the heck is going on with guys these days..Just to note this is not all about me, but a compilation of experiences and girl talk :)  Feel free to comment any time!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuit